As of 7/7/14, important changes were made to the Social Media Guidelines Policy. An email was also sent to all social media admins for the College outlining the change.
Most notable guideline changes
- Web Services will periodically audit all accounts for activity and those that have had no substantial action for 6 months will be disabled/unpublished. They can be re-enabled at your department head’s request.
- Always make sure to remove students or employees from social media accounts immediately upon their departure and to alert email@example.com.
- Assign an administrator who regularly monitors postings and content.
- Create a content calendar with pre-planned content for slow periods. Aim for standard times for postings and updates.
- Consider managing your social platforms via Hootsuite to communicate with multiple admins and monitor communications from students and/or the public.
- While the recommended minimum frequency is once to twice a week, be sure not to overload your followers with updates.
Web Services reserves the right to disable or temporarily unpublish Emerson College social media accounts that are dormant (no posts, no activity) for more than SIX months, as such stagnancy reflects poorly on the College.
When page editors and administrators, especially students, have left the college and no longer require access to social media accounts, you must update/adjust your page roles immediately. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org any time an admin is removed or added.