- Student Financial Services staff Carol Smolinsky, Kathleen Shine, and Chris Daly gave a presentation at the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) Student Financial Services Conference in Las Vegas on March 20. The presentation, titled “Many Hands: Creative Collaboration to Streamline the Student and Staff Experience in Student Financial Services,” was well attended and very well received by college and university bursars, Student Financial Services directors, and financial educators/counselors from around the country.
- Kendra Stokes (Housing and Residence Life) has been elected to the position of President Elect for the Boston Area College Housing Association (BACHA).
- Staff from Student Affairs, Housing and Residence Life, Athletics, Intercultural Student Affairs, Community Standards and Student Conduct, Student Activities and Student Engagement, Parent and Family Programs, and Business Services participated in the last-ever Late Night Breakfast in the Little Building Dining Hall on April 26.
- Congratulations to the group of faculty and staff who participated in the Inclusive Excellence in Action program this spring, expanding their awareness and skills in diversity and inclusion.
And in personal news:
- Michael Arno (Community Standards and Student Conduct) and his wife, Rachel, welcomed Crosby Steven Arno on March 23.
- Jake Youmell (Marketing) ran his first Boston Marathon on April 17 to support the MGH Pediatric Cancer Center.
- Congratulations to the following staff who graduated from Emerson on May 14 or will graduate this summer: Tim Blank (Student Accounts), MA in Communication Management; Ellen Duffer (Ploughshares), MA in Integrated Marketing Communication; Alayne Fiore (Diversity and Inclusion), MFA in Creative Writing; Kimberly Forero-Arnias (TRF), MFA in Media Art; Ian Flynn (Financial Aid), MA in Theatre Education; Pierre Huberson (TRF), MFA in Film and Media Arts; Maria Mayer (Registrar), MA in Integrated Marketing Communication; Melissa Moore (Student Accounts), MA in Theatre Education; Jalene Regassa (Enrollment Management), MA in Integrated Marketing Communication; and Bianca Sedillos-Jirón (Journalism), MA in Integrated Marketing Communication.
- Congratulations to the following staff who are graduating from master’s and certificate programs at other area colleges: Chris Connors (Instructional Technology Group), Andy Donahue (Student Life), Chris Grant (Student Success), Northeastern; Emily Lewek (Student Success), Boston College; and Kelsey Socha (Iwasaki Library), Simmons College. And congrats to Kevin Fleming (Alumni Relations) on his graduation from a doctoral program at UMass Amherst.