From Emerson IT, welcome! Or if you’re a returning student, welcome back!
As you get settled on campus, you may have questions about how to connect to our services, and we want to make sure you know how to get in touch with us.
Call us, email us, tweet us – we’re always here to help!
You can also use our IT Help Center at it.emerson.edu/help, which allows you to submit a trouble ticket without calling the Help Desk, or send us comments or other questions.
3 Easy Steps:
- Select ECwireless from your list of available wireless networks
- Enter your Emerson username and password to authenticate
- Accept and trust the certificate if you are presented with one
Online Help Guides
We have a long list of Guides available on our website at it.emerson.edu to help you every day!
- How to use Canvas
- How to use Xfinity on Campus
- How to get to your ECmail on all your devices
- How to connect to network storage resources
- Tips for recognizing phishing emails
- Using lynda.com, which you get a free subscription to!
- And lots more!
At it.emerson.edu/labs, you can find a list of all of Emerson IT’s computer labs as well as:
- The location of each one
- What hardware and software is available
- Lab schedules to help you know when they’ll be available for you
New Student Technology Guide
Make sure to check out the New Student Technology Guide!
It’s got tons of useful information and best practices.
What’s New this semester?
You can access all of your email here as well as your calendar, and it replicates features of most regular email clients. In fact, many people use the Webapp exclusively to access their ECmail!
Now, in addition to receiving on at your email address outside of Emerson, you can also get one by text message!