We hope your semester is going well. Course registration for the Spring 2017 semester is almost here!
To prepare for registration, be sure to:
- Review the course listings. Pay special attention to registration restrictions and prerequisites. Watch for courses that require special approval from a specific department or coordinator to register.
- Read the full instructions.
- Know your registration time.
- Meet with your advisor. Many students need a PIN from their advisor to register. Check the instructions to see if you need a PIN.
- Review your degree audit.
Dates to Remember
Oct. 24: Advising begins
Oct. 28: Midterm grades viewable
Nov. 7–15: Spring Registration. Find your time here.
Nov. 21: Last day to withdraw from a fall course
Did you know you can have registration permissions applied before your registration time? If you’re going to need permission for a course, check the permissions instructions and get it in advance.
Check eCommon to see if you have any holds and resolve them before registration. Many offices that remove holds will not be open at 7:00 a.m. If you wait until your registration time to contact them, those offices will not be available to assist you.
Last Day to Withdraw
Monday, November 21 is the last day to withdraw from a course. In order to withdraw from a course, you must review Emerson’s withdraw policy and submit a completed withdrawal form to the Registrar’s Office by 5:00 p.m. on November 21. Our office is located on the 2nd floor of 216 Tremont St.
Midterm grades for undergraduates will be viewable October 28 on eCommon. Use this opportunity to see if you have a C or below in any of your courses and respond accordingly.
If you receive a midterm grade, we encourage you to contact your professor or advisor to determine the best course of action.
Please check eCommon to make sure your emergency contact and address information is current.