Summer and Fall Course Listings
The Summer and Fall course listings are now available. Please be sure to review course restrictions and prerequisites when selecting your courses!
Summer Semester Payment Policy:
- If you register from March 13–April 14: Full payment is due on April 15, 2017. If your payment is not settled by the due date, your course(s) will automatically be dropped from your schedule. There are no exceptions.
- If you register on or after April 15: Full payment is due immediately. If your payment is not settled, your course(s) will automatically be dropped from your schedule. There are no exceptions.
Please review the Online Permission Instructions, as Emerson’s permission policies remain in effect for the summer term.
Fall 2017 registration begins on March 27! Being prepared is one of the best ways to ensure a positive registration experience. Be sure to:
- Review the course listings, paying special attention to prerequisites and registration restrictions.
- Determine your registration time.
- Read the Registration Instructions.
- Review your Degree Audit.
- Meet with your advisor and, if necessary, obtain your PIN. (Check the Registration Instructions to determine whether you will need a PIN to register.)
Last Day to Withdraw
Tuesday, April 18 is the last day to withdraw from a course or from the College.
To withdraw from a course, review Emerson’s Course Withdrawal Policy and submit a completed Course Withdrawal Form to the Registrar’s Office by 5:00 p.m. on April 18.
To withdraw from the College, review Emerson’s College Withdrawal Policy and turn in the appropriate paperwork by 5:00 p.m. on April 18.
Registration Tips and Tricks
Permissions: Did you know you can have registration permissions applied before your registration time? If you’re going to need permission to register for a class you want, check the Online Permissions Instructions and get it in advance!
Holds: Make sure you check your holds in eCommon, and, if you have any, resolve them before your registration time. Many of the offices that remove holds (Health Services, Student Accounts, etc.) will not be open at 7:00 a.m. If you wait until your registration time to contact them, those offices will not be available to assist you.
Don’t let prerequisites and holds be an unpleasant surprises. Be proactive and use your resources to resolve them in advance!
Dates to Remember
March 13: Summer Registration Begins
March 22: Midterm Grades Viewable
March 13–26: Fall Advising
Mar 27–Apr 3: Fall Registration
Fall Waitlist Deadline
You will be able to join a waitlist for Fall 2017 courses until Wednesday, May 3.
Waitlists will continue to function through September 1, the Friday before classes begin.
Midterm grades for undergraduate students will be viewable on eCommon on Wednesday, March 22.
Undergraduates, this is your opportunity to see if you are currently earning a C- or lower in any of your courses.
If you receive one or more midterm grade, we strongly encourage you to contact your professor or advisor to determine the best course of action.