Welcome to Spring 2016
Happy New Year and welcome to the Spring 2016 semester! We just wanted to remind you of a few simple steps you should take to ensure a smooth start to the semester.
• Review your schedule on eCommon, the only official source for your schedule.
• Review the add/drop deadlines (below).
• Get any registration permissions you may need.
• Make sure you don’t have any holds – check eCommon.
If you’re new to eCommon or need a refresher, check out the instructions available in ourForms & Instructions library online. Still have questions? Contact us – we’re here to assist you!
Unrestricted vs. Restricted Add/Drop
Unrestricted Add/Drop (Jan 11–18): You may add and drop courses freely online. For step-by-step instructions, please refer to the “How to Add” and “How to Drop” sections of theRegistration Instructions.
Restricted Add/Drop (Jan 19–Jan 26): You must have instructor permission applied to your account to add any course online. You may still drop courses.
If you do not meet the requirements for a course, or the course is full, you may ask for permission to register for that course.
Who do you ask for permission?
Review the Errors and Permissions chart to determine whose permission you need. If there are multiple restrictions, you may need permission from multiple people.
What are the steps?
- Request permission from the appropriate person (see above).
- If permission is granted, the grantor will email their permission to their Department Assistant.
- The Department Assistant will apply the permission to your account and notify you via email.
- Once you receive this email, it is your responsibility to register for the course through eCommon. It is not automatically added.
See the Registration Permissions Instructions for more details.
If you are interested in registering for a ProArts course, please:
- Visit the ProArts website for available courses and cross-registration dates.
- Review the ProArts Registration instructions.
Please note that ProArts courses are worth the amount of credits that they are granted by their offering institution. For example, a 1.5-credit Berklee course will be worth 1.5-credits at Emerson.
First semester freshmen and graduate students are not eligible to cross-register for ProArts courses.
Spring 2016 Waitlist Update
Waitlists for Spring 2016 courses will no longer be active as of Jan 8, 5:00 p.m. As long as you meet all course prerequisites and other requirements, you may register for open seats in courses on a first-come, first-served basis.
Attention Spring 2016 Graduates
Are you graduating this May? Make sure you turn in yourApplication to Graduate! Applications are due February 1.
Dates To Remember:
Jan 11: First Day of Classes
Jan 11–18: Unrestricted Add/Drop
Jan 19–26: Restricted Add/Drop
Feb 1: Spring 2015 Graduation Apps Due