We hope you had a happy New Year and welcome you to the spring semester! The Registrar’s Office is here to help you help our students. Our website is a great resource where you can find instructions, calendars, forms, and policies. Whether you need to reserve a classroom, grant a registration permission, or have questions about an advisee, we can help.
Dates to Remember
1/16: First day of classes
1/16–1/22 (1st week): Students may add and drop courses online
1/23–1/29 (2nd week): Students may drop courses online, but must have instructor permission to add
1/29: Spring Graduation Applications due
If a student doesn’t meet the requirements for a course, or if the course is full, they may ask for permission to register for that course.
Who can grant registration permissions?
Review the Granting Registration Permissions chart to determine which permissions you can grant. Bear in mind that students may need permission from more than one person, if there are multiple restrictions for a course.
What are the steps?
- A student will request your permission to join a course.
- Use the chart to confirm that you can grant the permission they’ve requested.
- If you grant the permission, notify your appropriate Department Assistant via email (see Contacts tab).
- The Department Assistant will apply the permission to the student’s account and notify the student, directing them to register online or in the Registrar’s Office if it is the second week of classes.
- Classes are not automatically added to schedules. Once the student receives this email, it is their responsibility to register for the course.
Review Your Class Roster
FERPA Policy and Other Resources
It bears repeating that we all have a legal responsibility to keep our students’ academic records private. Please review the FERPA policy and take the tutorial. We also have guides on accessing class lists, posting office hours, and using Degreeworks.